Friday, July 3, 2009

Halle Babe Turns One!!!

It's been one month since Halle turned one, so this post is late, very late, but here are the highlights of Halle's 1st Birthday!!  The weather had been so crappy the week prior to Halle's birthday that I thought my plan of having her birthday party on our deck would definitely not happen.  When I woke up that morning, the weather was gorgeous and I thought yeah lucky day!!! I waited until about 3 that afternoon to start decorating and so far so good. I hung about 15 tissue paper pom poms from the top of the overhang, hung up the happy birthday poster, tied the balloons to our porch pillars, set up tables and chairs, etc.  At 5 minutes to six (the party started at six mind you), the wind picked up and the weather went crazy.  We quickly threw everything in the basement and my 3 hours of decorating was done in vain!!!!   You'd think you could pretty much guarantee good weather for a June birthday party, but not here!!  Her party turned out great regardless and we love our little one year old more than words can say!!!
The Invitation.  Her Birthday Party was polka dot themed!!







THE CAKE!!! 

I love this face!!

If you ask Halle how old she is, this is how she responds.  It is the cutest thing!


The Decorations!!




Before the Idaho weather!! 

YEAH!!!!!! I'm ONE!!!!!


2 comments:

Allison Holt said...

Oh my she is so cute... It looks like you guys had a great time... Happy Birthday Halle!

Kate and Cole said...

Happy birthday! You are such a great mom to do all that for her!